Win 2 Free Nights B&B + 1 Dinner at Cally Palace Hotel & Golf Course
An Opulent 18th Century Country Mansion with golf course and warm Scottish welcome
Built in the 18th century, this beautiful converted country mansion is set in 150 acres of grounds just outside Gatehouse of Fleet. Present-day owners the McMillan family have succeeded in retaining the hotel’s historic elegance whilst returning it to its former glory – a fact that’s immediately evident upon entering and taking a glance at the entrance hall, flanked with marble pillars and leading into the Bow Lounge, complete with gilded cupola ceiling.
But it’s not just the elegant interior that will warm your heart. The McMillans’ vibrant Scottish hospitality will positively woo you, as will any one of the 56 spacious bedrooms and the first-class cuisine featuring the freshest ingredients including local meat, game, fish and produce. Dinner is accompanied by music from the house pianist, lending an even more elegant air to the occasion. Snacks, drinks and refreshments are also available all day in the sunny conservatory, and the Hendricks Afternoon Tea is highly recommended.
Golfers will adore the 18-hole parkland golf course, one of the finest courses in the area boasting wonderful views of Cardoness Castle, Rutherford’s Monument and the Fleet Estuary. After a day golfing or walking, relax with in the leisure centre with 15m heated swimming pool, fully equipped gym, spa bath and sauna. A games room is available with table tennis, snooker and pool, or head out for putting or croquet on the lawn. There are also suggested walks in the hotel grounds that offer glimpses of local wildlife such as roe deer and red squirrels.
A bit further afield is Galloway Forest Park, with its 300 square miles of captivating landscape, St Ninians Cave, the Gem Rock museum at Creetown, The Robert Burns Centre, Dumfries House, the artists’ town of Kirkcudbright and Wigtown, the book town of Scotland.
1. The prize can be used only within 12 months subject to availability. Excludes public holidays and school holidays. Max 2 adults in room.
2. The closing date for entries will be noon on 26th March 2020. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special breaks or promotions such as Christmas, Gourmet Weekends etc.
3. One prize winner will be selected and will receive two free nights B&B (including breakfast) plus 1 dinner for them and a guest at Cally Palace Hotel and golf course.
4. The stay is open to a maximum of two adults sharing a twin or double room.
5. The winner is responsible for their travelling costs to and from the hotel.
6. There is no purchase necessary to enter Best Loved Hotels competitions.
7. Only one entry per subscriber is valid.
8. Winners of Best Loved Hotels contests will be randomly chosen by a representative of Best Loved Hotels (the “Judge”) within two (2) weeks of the end date of the particular prize draws from all eligible entries received during the date specified. The decisions of the Judge will be final and binding. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
9. The winner must accept that his/her name will be announced in an upcoming Best Loved newsletter and on our social media channels.
10. All entrants in the contest will be notified of the result by email within two weeks.
11. Only entrants signing up to receive special offers and information by email will be added to the HotelREZ Hotels & Resorts and Best Loved community databases to receive timely offers on hotels, theatre and other relevant travel experiences. Entrants may also receive offers from the competition hotel. You can opt out at any time, though we hope you will continue to find them useful and valuable.
12. Open to anyone aged 18 years or older excluding employees of Best Loved Hotels and its subsidiaries, employees of Cally Palace Hotel and golf course and their families, promotional partners and their subsidiaries, associated suppliers, and anyone else connected with this promotion.
13. No cash alternative will be made. The prize is non transferrable.